The W.M. Trotter Multicultural Center Mission, Vision, and Values.
The Trotter Multicultural Center has a two-fold purpose:
- To promote a campus and community environment in which all students can prosper academically and socially.
- To promote and provide services to build a supportive environment in which all students can develop a better understanding and appreciation for the Multicultural diversity represented at the University.
What We Offer
- Free, reservable meeting and event space for registered student organizations
- Opportunities for students orgs to host events
- Student organization office space
- Audio/visual equipment for rental
- Open seven days a week during the academic year
The TMC is a vibrant hub that welcomes and serves all members of our community from U of M students, faculty, staff, parents, alumni, community members and other campus visitors. The TMC provides our visitors with a home away from home and a wealth of educational opportunities.
Working at Trotter may include being an office assistant, a building manager or program assistant; but most importantly it is a place where the work of nurturing leaders, and providing the skills and tools needed to educate others on inclusion (leaders who do not see social justice separate from any type of work they will do, but instead take very serious the responsibility of purposefully implementing inclusion practices in their personal and professional lives) takes place.