As we end another amazing acedemic year and we are pulled in so many different directions our Muslim students will be taking time out for a month long celebration. The month of Ramadan is from May 26th,- June 25. One reason this time of year is favored is because its beleived that Muhammad first received revelations in the lunar month of Ramadan. Therefore, making this 30 day period the most sacred month of the Islamic calendar.
The Trotter Multicultural Center has a two-fold purpose:
- To promote a campus and community environment in which all students can prosper academically and socially.
- To promote and provide services to build a supportive environment in which all students can develop a better understanding and appreciation for the Multicultural diversity represented at the University.
What We Offer
- Free, reservable meeting and event space for registered student organizations
- Opportunities for students orgs to host events
- Student organization office space
- Audio/visual equipment for rental
- Open seven days a week during the academic year
The TMC is a vibrant hub that welcomes and serves all members of our community from U of M students, faculty, staff, parents, alumni, community members and other campus visitors. The TMC provides our visitors with a home away from home and a wealth of educational opportunities.
On Thursday, April 13th, at 5:30 pm please join the W.M. Trotter Multicultural Center for an interactive dialogue on colorism. Come share, listen, and reflect on what colorism truly means and how it affects our greater community. The overarching question we hope to ask and discuss is what happens when race is used as costume?