Welcome to the William Monroe Trotter Multicultural Center! We're glad you're here. If you're a regular, haven't been here in a while, or have never even heard of us before, don't worry-keep reading and you'll be an expert in no time.
- Our Mission: Here at Trotter, we're all about working to build an environment in which all students can develop a better understanding and appreciation for the multicultural diversity represented at the University. We think this is an integral part of creating a campus and community environment in which all students can prosper academically and socially. As such, we encourage all students to make use of our space, attend events, and make Trotter their home!
- Trotter Events and Initiatives: Trotter is expanding its presence on campus through a number of new events and initiatives. In addition to our twice weekly Fitness Classes, we have monthly Soul Food Sunday and Paint No Pour events, our biennial end-of-semester 72 Hour Study Break, and the annual William Monroe Trotter Lecture.
- Student Organization Meetings and Events at Trotter: Sick of meeting in Mason Hall? Student organizations can reserve space at Trotter for meetings and events at no cost. Take a look at the Trotter Facilities Information for standard setups, or specify your own-it's all up to you!
- Reserving Space at Trotter: If you are interested in reserving a room, please check out our Room and Equipment Rates page and see which room would work best for your event. Then call 734.763.3670 between 9 AM and 5 PM Monday-Friday to request the space. Alternatively, you can request space using our online reservation system; you will recieve an email from our staff about your request. University departments, individual students, and members of the public can all reserve space at Trotter for a fee (see Room and Equipment Rates for more information).
- Computers and Printing Services: Trotter has two computer labs with both Mac and PC computers. One lab is located in the basement area of Trotter, while the other is in the 3rd Floor Student Lounge. Both labs are connected to MPrint to meet all of your printing needs!
- 3rd Floor Reflection Room: Trotter has a reflection room on the 3rd floor that can be used for prayer and meditation. You may also want to view our list of reflection rooms throughout campus.
- Our Location: We're located at 1443 Washtenaw Avenue, just south of the intersection of South University and Washtenaw Avenue. It's a bit off the beaten path, but Trotter is definitely #WorthTheWalk! Those attending events or using space in the building are more than welcome to park behind the building as well.
- Facilities Use Policy: All the rules and regulations you need to know to use space in Trotter.